How long does it take your child's teacher(elementary school) to call you back?

I was curious because last year I had a teacher that just didn't call me back, I called 3 times before I talked to the principal. This year I only had to wait one day. DH is a teacher(jr high) and he says he calles back within a couple of days.

mlregalado

Asked by mlregalado at 5:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in

• Usually by the end of the day,sometimes the next morning

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't think I ever had a reason to call any of my three kids' teachers. Why would you?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It takes them forever to call back and to email! It's a little rude and disheartening. These people have our children all day! I had to do the same thing with the principal. The teacher got very upset and said that I never tried contacting her. Luckily, I had proof that I had called and left a message.
    SirsMom

Answer by SirsMom at 5:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I communicate with them by email. If I email the teacher during the morning of a school day, it's the same day. If it's after hours, it's usually first thing the next morning.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have never had to wait at all, they always answer the phone when I call, or I just walk in.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 5:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• all teachers in the military school district have an e-mail that they comunicate with us through, and They have one day to resond! I love all the teachers we have ahd!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i TRY TO USE EMAIL AND if nec. send a note with dd etc. I expect a response with in 2 days MAX.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I call only if it is an emergency. I email for everything else. I usually get a response back within the day.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• usually a few hours
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well our teachers usually call back on their planning period. So pretty quick. Some are better with email though.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010