due date..

ok, so i keep track of my menstral cycles for a health study,(because i have mine every 4 months or so).... i went and got a ultrasound 7 weeks ago and they told me i was due june 1,2011 adn they were pretty postitive about that date because of the developement... well the first day of my last mentrual cycle was on august 9, which would mean that my due date would be may 15th... could my baby be delayed? or could it be an error? im just kind of worried because they seemed really sure that i was 6 weeks when i was really 8.

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I thought I was 8 weeks, but an ultrasound said I was 6. They are usually really accurate with the early ultrasounds. My doctor said she would go by my 6 week ultrasound for the due date verses the 19 week ultrasound I just had. I would go with the date they gave you from the ultrasound.
    Annastacialynn

Answer by Annastacialynn at 5:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• *thanks
    1sttimemom2011

Comment by 1sttimemom2011 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If you are entirely aware of the day you ovulated, then judge your own due date. If all you know is your last menstrual cycle, then it's totally possible that you just ovulate at a different point in your cycle (not the middle) than the majority of women. Early pregnancy ultrasounds are generally pretty accurate, but also remember that due dates don't really mean much either. The average first time mom gestates until 41 weeks when left alone.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 7:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My periods are super irregular, and we were convinced that we conceived 10 days earlier than they said we did. He was due when I was 39 weeks, 3 days (according to them), but they said he looked overdue (very little vernix, super long fingernails).
    Remember that the "due date" is just an ESTIMATE. I wouldn't put too much stock into a single date, ya know? It's really a range. Baby will come when he/she is ready.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

****Congratulations on your pregnancy!! ****

thanks so much!!!
    1sttimemom2011

Comment by 1sttimemom2011 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2010