Can I paint?

We are doing a remodel of our basement. My hubby moved some walls to make the family room larger and now the drywaller is just finishing up with mudding the walls and ceiling. All he has left to do is sand and texture the ceiling.

My question is can I help to paint the walls once it is done? Or will the fumes be harmful?

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 5:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Stay away from primers. IF its water based paint its safe. But i was told when i was pregnant not to use the roller because it can pull something...forget what lol. I was also told not to vaccuum. Same reason. Something to do with extending your arm too far
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If you do i would just make sure the room is very ventilated.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 5:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• if your past your first trimester then it shouldnt be too much of a problem, ventilate the room or put and air purifier, when you buy the paint, get the one with the least fumes!
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 8:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010