What should i do about my kid being bullied by his cousins if the kids parents wont do anything about it ? and you live with them?

i live in a house of like 15 ppl, there are 6 kids and they're all not soo nice to eachother but my son is the one who is mostly been bullied.

sexymama223

Asked by sexymama223 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First make sure you talk to your son about this. Let him know that its wrong and that he needs to stand up for himself. Then talk to the bullies themselves. Id keep badgering their parents too. Its not right and tehy need to own it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If it is their house and they won't listen, move out. If you can't, don't leave your son alone with them.. If you have to work outside the home, find somewhere else for your son to be..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 5:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Oh, if it is your house, tell them to control their children or get out..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 5:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my boyfriend and i have talked to our son about how its not nice and letting him know its wrong. and as far as the bullies goes we talked to the other kids about how its not nice but they keep doing it. they're parents dont care they just care about themselves. im just scared that one day the other kids are going to bully another kid by pushing them down the stairs.
    sexymama223

Comment by sexymama223 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• its not even the other moms house, its my boyfriends moms house and its his sisters kids who are the bullies, its mostly my boyfriends family...
    sexymama223

Comment by sexymama223 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why cant you leave?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i dont want to leave my boyfriend or his mom, i love them both, we're saving up too move and hopefully his siter will be moving out with her kids but right now its just really hard for me to deal with his sisters kids she hardly ever takes care of her kids
    sexymama223

Comment by sexymama223 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It sounds like a tough situation.
    Personally, I wouldn't let my kid play with them alone anymore.

People may not agree with me on this, but let your son know that if he is hit by one of them, he has every right to defend himself.
    If your boyfriend is their Uncle, it's time for him to get VERY serious with his sister's kids, if she won't.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Talk to your son and move out as soon as possible. Sorry. Sounds like a tough situation.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Teach your son to defend yourself also discipline the other kids when they do it. I would be smacking the bottoms of the kids hitting my son and if they complained I would tell them to discipline their own kids so I don't have to do it for them. Its a drastic step but you have tried everything else and one day its gonna lead to your son getting badly hurt if you don't put a stop to it.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2010