Will getting married eer happen?

I have been engaged twice. Even after a break up and all off and on for 6+ months my most recent love and I are back together, and are expecting our first child together (my second child). We both know that we love one another and want to be together, but there are days where I wonder. But thats cause he never ever shows his emotions. But he is the one that came running back to me. Its been a total of 3 1/2 yrs we been together. I would very much LOVE to be with him for a very very long time. even tho we can nit pick over the STUPIDEST things, he has this harsh way of showing me he loves me. lol.. and when wants to be, he can be a total romantic. but if he got cold feet and took off the first time, will he ever step up to the plate again? or take off? yes there is a child involved now (going to be two actually). Right now I know it would be a No to getting married. but in the future, im hoping. I dont really need a piece of paper or a wedding to say we are together, It is just something I want. hmmm. Im only going to be 28 next week, i know I have time but even after all the BS we went through and such, I still adore him.

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• We have been together almost 8 years. We still aren't married. I would love to go through with it. I am waiting on him. We have beautiful 2 1/2 yo DD who is the light of our lives. I wish you luck and if you are patient and he really does love you it may happen in it's own time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The children have to come first, so whatever is best for them. If you want to be married, it may be that he isn't the right person.

Answer by Bmat at 5:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why will he choose you to raise his children but have a hang up to marry? Why would it be a No to marriage right now? That is just really disappointing, honestly you sound like you deserve better. Good luck, I hope he comes around.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 5:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• chicken shit... sorry lol or just using it as a cop out? i dunno.. my first is from another man. this one is his.. im thinkin more no because he recently lost his job, looking for another, stressed cause he is first time father and is scared he wont be able to provide? i dunno.. im not makin excuses i swear lol
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• bring up the marriage talk to him; not in a confrontational way but when the kids are asleep and the 2 of u are just relaxing. if it seems like he dosent want to, u should not have any more kids with him. that dosent mean to break up but just incase u guys break up later down the road u wont have 3/4 kids. you will just have the 2.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010