abnormal blood work and i scared plzz help

hi ladies i am scared i just got a call from my doc and she said my blood work come back abnormal i am 19weeks tomarrow and worried something is wrong with baby plzz help what could it be and or could it be me and not baby im freaking out

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 6:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can't tell you what it could be although i will tell you this. try and relax I understand that is very hard to do at this point. When I was pregnant with my first I had abnormal cell's and I freaked out as well. In the end it was nothing I just had to get check every 6 months for a couple of years.

Try not to over react and talk to the DR. when is the next time you go, if it is not soon enough for you call them and ask them to explain things to you.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i go tomorrow morning at 9am to talk to the doc im worried it is down syndrome but i remember she gave me a ultrasound for that early on this was the afp test i believe i will be 19 weeks tomorrow
    wiggsbabe

Comment by wiggsbabe (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Down syndrome is the least of your worries IF she is sure, sometimes it's perfectly fine even with abnormal bloodwork. I have heard of a lot of moms having that and had healthy babies. What part did she say was abnormal? Did she give u risk factors for downs and trisomy 18? I had a trisomy 18 baby, lost her at 29 weeks but our risk factor for her was 1/10. We have have 2 other healthy children and am having another healthy baby.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Honestly, pregnancy does so many things to your body that bloodwork comes back abnormal all the time. Shame on yoru doctor for being so vague adn freaking you out. Most likely it just means that they have to do another more in depth test to reveal that everything is fine. I hope they are more forthright with you tomorrow and put yoru fears to rest. Sorry momma.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 12:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2010