Who Said It?

... and what are your thoughts on it? Do other religions place motherhood in such high esteem? Or is motherhood overrated?

"In the ongoing war against Christian civilization, it is the mothers who matter most. The sterile secularists don't fear Christian intellectuals or Christian pastors, they regard the former as petty annoyances and there's little need to worry about one weekly hour of Christian teaching on Sundays overcoming 40 hours of secular reprogramming from Monday to Friday. But they fear our mothers who can create children faster than they can manage to indoctrinate them. And they are downright terrified of our homeschooling mothers who rob them of their primary means of creating a new generation of secular barbarians. "

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Here is an intresting thought to the debate....did you know that from a psychological perspective the bond that is the strongest is between a mother and son? There is some truth in the old adage, "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." Can good parenting ever be over rated? I don't think so. And the part about secular indoctrination is quite true! I spend a great deal of time "deprogramming" my children from the effects of public school.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Psah, I'm a member of MENSA too, I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here think I'm a nut too. By the way, a high IQ does NOT mean you can't be a paranoid nutcase... Matter of fact, the higher the IQ, the stranger people usually are.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I found it. Vox Day. On a site that looks really paranoid. But, I guess it is your choice if you want to spend time on the "dark side". I disagree with his "Secular Barbarianism stuff. He thinks kids are going to be indoctrinated. He seems to think people like Betty Freidan and Gloria Steinem are bad.....He is a male chauvenist pig. Sure, Mothers are wonderful and I agree with his praise of mothers ad motherhood,but then he gets all paranoid and thinks kids will become barbarians if they go to school........nuts.
    It is true that the more intellgent a person is,the greater the chance is that they will be nuts. Howard Hughes, for instance.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• kerp1960

maybe you're a few cards short .... that doesn't "bad" that means "unintelligent." You can disagree with him, but is far from unintelligent.

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) 7 minutes
    -------------------------
    NO. I said that he IS intelligent. ANd he is nuts.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't know who said it, but whoever it is, he/she sounds a couple of cards short of a full deck...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Who said it? A nut? An intelligent nut? So, if he belongs to Mensa, it doesn't make him a "good guy". Yes, he is a few cards short....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I will agree with this to some extent. You wouldnt believe the ish they tried to feed to me in highschool. Hell, I used to talk circles around the teachers about their own subject specialties. I just wish more people ((kids and teens)) wouldn't believe everything their teachers tell them. Put down the remote and read foo! But really, this guy has a point. When someone falls out of line with what someone else is trying to teach ((indoctrinate)) then they usually get some kind of ridicule, no matter what group it is.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 7:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Exactly Anouck. My example was Howard Hughes....a real paranoid nutcase whose IQ was so high it was amazing. But he was nuts.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The statement is ridiculous. Period.  Okay, not "Period".  It's paranoid, too.  Ridiculous and paranoid. Period.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That statement reminded me of what Hitler did. It all strted with the kids... Look at the middle east... it started with the children teaching them about guns and such. He has a point.... America is a younger nation but if we do not get a clue it could go down the same path!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010