what are some things that can be discussed among teen parents to prevent pregnancy from happening to them again??

I go to a teen parent program and there are lots of mooms there.some say they want more than one baby now which is not healthy due to they are still in school.sine also say they dont want to use condoms or birth control.the leaders have tryed everything to talk to these girls maybe you can help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• I feel sorry for them. Some people can only learn from their own actions. I had my first child when I was 16. I know how hard it was. Father wasn't around and my family treated me as an outcast. As for the no condom use. I think a good talk about HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C is in order also anymore these days HPV. That is sometimes the problem with parents not being able to talk to their kids. To much freedom without conversation. Some of these children will be raised by their grandparents or in and out of foster care unfortunately. My daughter told me she will not have any children until she is out off college because she sees how hard it is to raise children financially and emotionally. All you can do is be there for them. Bring in reports of single young mothers that are on public assistance. Also not being able to finish your education because you chose to become a mother without a good support system. I could go on forever. BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!!!
    perfectkitten

Answer by perfectkitten at 11:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Tell them how their fun life will be over. Like no more late nights hanging out with friends. Gettin up when they want to or sleeping in. Being able to get up and go when they want or where they want. How hiv and other stds are going around really bad now days. Show pics of what the stds can do to you or have someone share astory about it and what its like to live with it.
    Aliyahs_mom

Answer by Aliyahs_mom at 11:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I would get those teen mothers who have disabilied children see that not each pregnancy isnt glorious. Some have it a lot harder than giving birth to a healthy child. Show the effects of having to close pregnancy. Lets not scare them because they will only tune you out. Help them to achive more outstanding goals or even try to help them realize that one is enough. Instead of them going to school and leading that normal teenage life still segregate by pushing for working programs credit earning progams. benefical stuff. Dont just sit me in a seminar i get nothing out of it. All i get is talk and Im not that girl.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2008