PERVERT BAIT?!?!

So, I'm at the mall today and I go into this CHILDREN'S specialty store. I will not disclose the name, but it seems to be fairly well known. I like this store. Tasteful childrens clothes. So just snooping around I go to the girls section....sizes 7 to 14. For girls...6 to 12? Maybe younger than 12. Anywho...low and behold, a pushup bra. A freakin' padded pushup bra market to little girls! *$^%(@( @*$&$&#(@ *(@#<;~ is all I can say. I am mortified...my question I suppose would be would you bbuy this for your daughter? Why or why not?

Scarlet_Delilah

Asked by Scarlet_Delilah at 6:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Nope, my girls will have training bras at that age if needed. I hope to raise my girls with the confidence they need to not feel like they need a push up bra.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• How disturbing. I find that just as tasteless as when I see a child with juicy plastered across their backside.
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 6:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• YOu've got to be kidding me! Who throws something like that on the market?! Don't these people have own children? Would they want them to wear it? Don't they grow up too fast anyway?
    For my own daughter ... I don't think so.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Of course it isn't marketed as a *pushup* bra. It says training bra on the tag. But, it had a good inch of padding and it was racer back. That says lift and push to me.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Comment by Scarlet_Delilah (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Thats disgusting! Seems like a new way of attracting pedophiles!! A friend of mine also worked at a childrens store and told me that they sold thongs!!! ITs just sick. I have no words (nice words) for what this world is coming to with our girls
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• And the worse part of it is that there are parents that buy this shit for their kids! ITs the parents that are to blame.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my dad did my laundry once to be nice. After that hemade me throw out all my undies with any other cut than bikini and if any of it was lace? It was gone. He said he would take me shopping for appropriate undies if I needed him to. I was 16. Rofl. I could not imagine a father finding out his 10 year old is wearing pushup bras and thongs. I think my dad would have seriously filed for custody of me at that point.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Comment by Scarlet_Delilah (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• maybe its just me, but it seems girls are bustier these days than they were in my day. and just by glancing at the young-new bra-wearers, you know they are wearing pushups, anyway. when was the last time you checked out VS store and DIDN'T see girls as young as 12 shopping there? you can't blame it all on the store..moms? dads?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I had a friend in elementary, she was super skinny, a gymnast, her parents would let her wear thongs and padded bras, and all sorts of make-up. She seriously looked like a teen, like she was ending her years in high school, but we were really in 6th grade. I even remember a girl, a few years ago, at a park, and she bent over and she was wearing a thong. I ran over to her to tell her her panties were showing so she could cover...My heart must have skipped a beat, this girl was maybe 9 or 10.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If it is truly a more refined, tasteful store then I would Actually mention how disturbing it is to the Manager of that store! 
    Who knows maybe you can get them to boycott that line and stop them from selling that item?!
    I know that many young girls want to look older and maybe they feel insecure about their developing bodies but for a store to out-right market Push-Up Bras in a Children's boutique is just simply crass IMO.
    Marketing PUSH-UP BRAS to little girls (that still need to shop in a Childrens Store!) gives the impression that they are to be viewed as sexual beings. That's appalling!

Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010