Is it okay is someone hates your family, but loves you?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 6:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not if i'm in good-standing with my family. my family is a huge part of who i am..if they are hateable, i can't be too far behind. why would i want friends who felt that bad about my family?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Depends on the reasons, I suppose...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't think I could be in a friendship or relationship with someone who hated my family. My family is the greatest and we're all really close, so I really couldn't be around someone who thought otherwise.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• sure. in me and dh's case. it runs on both sides.
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 9:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I absolutely love my boyfriend, but I can't stand his mother or adopted brother. His mother is mentally ill and horribly passive-aggressive and matriarchal. And his adopted brother is 9 and is destructive and has deep anger problems. My boyfriend is neither of those things, and I love him. And my mother has drug and alcohol problems and my half-siblings on my mother's side are much like her, and I'm nothing like them, and my boyfriend loves me. So I see no problem.
    hope116

Answer by hope116 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010