IMPORTANT! Can I fly at 36 weeks?

I just found out my gram is in ICU and I need to be with her. I want to fly out tonight...can I do that at 36 week. I'm 1 1/2 cm dialated. has anyone flown without issue?

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 6:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told no when pregnant .....
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 6:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i would definitely not fly. you could go into full blown labor on the plane! your way to close.
    Dynamight

Answer by Dynamight at 6:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• WOW! No way at 36 weeks!!! Not only could you go into full blown labor b/c you are 36 wks and dilating, the pressure change and all.. I would not do it. Some airlines won't even let you...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• They usually won't let you after a certain week. I am not sure what that week is.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• http://airtravel.about.com/od/travelindustrynews/tp/pregnant2.htm This is a list of different airlines and their policies about flying while pregnant.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No, they will not allow you on the plane. For your own safety.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• too risky
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Not without a doctor's note. Even if your doctor says you can, which it is fine for most women to, the airline will not let you on the aircraft without a doctor's note. That means a fully headed letter from the doctor's office saying you (stating your name) is allowed to fly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No you can not fly after 7 months for the fact if the pressure buildup. you can go into birth on board...
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 7:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You can't fly pass 36 week weeks! Sorry.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 8:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010