Think I figured it out?. Gosh its like a no brainer!! adult content

For a while I been trying to figure out why my son is acting up in school so badly. Some suggested ADD or ADHD. I say hes a 6 yr old boy!! His father and I have not been together in 3 years, and my bf and I have been together for three years. He has grown quite fond of my bf. Which is AWESOME. They are funny together.
Well his father is a CO for the Sheriff's Dept so he works like 12 hour shifts. I was not aware that my son spends most of his time at his grandparents house!!! Could his father not have asked me to take him, considering I AM HIS MOTHER, and im sure he would like to spend time with me. Instead of every other weekend. in the past I have tried to get him more often but it was hard with conflicting schedules and a hard ass for an ex who still likes to control me and use my son as a pawn.
I feel so silly for not thinking that its very possible that his behavior is a result of not seeing EITHER of his parents enough. So, once I can get in touch with my ex I am gonig to suggest that my son stay with me unless there is a reason as to why he cant. my bf is unemployeed right now so he is up for watching him while I work. :-) He's getting so much better now that hes going to be a father!! My son has actually slipped twice and called my bf daddy... he caught it of course, but did not make him feel bad for making the small mistake. so im thinking if I take him more often, i think and HOPE we will see a HUGE improvement in school

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 7:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like a plan!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• good luck!
    Anonymous

• You're most definitely right. Good luck and hope it works out for you!!
    simpleesr23

Answer by simpleesr23 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I recently had my decree changed to where I would be my ex's FIRST choice as a "babysitter" for my kids when he had other plans. I got tired of my kids complaining that when they are at daddy's, daddy is never home (he lives with his parents since the divorce) and they end up watching CNN all night which is boring to them, and I also think that they don't need to be seeing all that crap that's shown on CNN anyway. That's the reason my daughter is deathly afraid of storms because she saw all the news coverage on CNN of the pseunami several years ago, and thought for the longest time that one was going to wipe out her whole family and leave her to raise her brother on her own (we live in SE Missouri so I assured her that wasn't ever going to happen here). Anyway, now, he doesn't have to tell me what he's doing, but he DOES have to let me know that he has plans, and let me have them instead of leaving them with granny and papa!
    cnice1976

Answer by cnice1976 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• we never had a custody hearing. it was just a verbal agreement. but i was always looked at as the "babysitter" like when he went on cruise and such... but yeah, my son watches history channel sometimes there and when its on at my house he is like mommy did u see that and this? i miss my baby boy, taken from me and what better way to get him back by having him stay with me more often!?
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• In my state if the parent who has visitation can't be with the child while the child is visiting him/her then the child is supposed to go back to the custodial parent .
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yeah he lives with his father...
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010