Is anyone here in an abusive relationship?

Just wondering...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• me too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• UH WHAT THE HELL IS THIS QUESTION FOR. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO GET OUT OF THE ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS. I HOPE YOUR NOT JUST ACCEPTING IT
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I was. My first two marriages were physically and mentally abusive. I took some courses at the church that really helped. There is a program called celebrate recovery and they have a course for co dependants. Look up celebraterecovery.com. It is amazing!
    txngirl1230

Answer by txngirl1230 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Honestly if you are in an abusive relationship, you need to call the police. They will be arrested and they will go to jail. My husband and I went through this two years ago and it was for the better. He went to jail, and had to fines and had to take a LONG class. We have been married for 4 years (celebrated yesterday!) and it was the BEST thing I ever did. It didn't feel like it at the time, but we both agree it was the needed shot in the arm for our marriage.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Hey Natty.... Dont be insensative! You don't know what it is like! Emotionally you are beat down, and not everyone has had a beautiful life! I know, I have been there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If you are truly in an abusive relationship that you DON'T want to save then you need to start planning for your escape. You need to start socking away some emergency money and start planning for your kids. There are places that accept women and children that need to stay hidden for awhile. Call your police department and they will direct you to where you would need to go.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• YEAH MY LIFE WAS NEVER PEACHES AND CREAM. I WAS WITH SOMEONE WHO TRIED TO BE ABUSIVE BUT I KICKED HIS ASS. YOU GUYS NEED TO STAND UP OR GET OUT.
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No, but I grew up in an abusive home. Saw my mom get beat all the time. She never got the strenght to leave, she waited until my dad humiliated her by getting another woman pregnant and left her. If you are in an abusive relationship, please leave. It will be hard, but so will staying. It is better for you and your kids to leave!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think you should get out for your kids, if nothing else! What are you teaching them? You deserve better, and remember, what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008