spotting during pregnancy am I having a miscarrage

I just found out I am pregnant 6 maybe 7 weeks. Yesturday I started spotting. At times it is brown and stretchy like cevix mucas. Sometimes it has a more pinkish tint and not as mucas. I have no cramping and it is not there every time I whip just off and on. I am high risk for a miscarrage and have had 3 previous ones, but that was 17 years ago and I do not remember how they came about. Did your miscarrrages start out this way. It took me 12 long years just to concieve again so Im nervous and cant get in to see a dr. until Monday.

jharve

Asked by jharve at 7:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had all of those symptoms and my baby was fine. I even had cramping. Anything along the lines of brown is ok because its old blood and is ur body ridding you of it. Def dont panic. I know you;re high risk but it may not be anything. Good Luck Monday!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• HUGS to you Jharve. We can't say. I had a lot of spotting when I finally carried my son, after 2 miscarriages. There's just no way to tell at this point, but I'll be praying and crossing my fingers for ya!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My miscarriage started as light pink and then turned more bright red at which point it was fairly obvious

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If you are really concerned I would suggest you go to the ER. Since you've had previous miscarriages before you might have issues with an incompatent cervix.

I had a LOT of spotting in the first few weeks of my last pregnancy and my baby was perfectly fine. The doctor said it was implantation and hormonal bleeding.
    Anonymous

• I spotted with all 3 of my kids I hope things turn out alright for you go relax put your feet up and have people wait on you for a change. GL
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• mine started that exact same way, it happened for about a week (spotting off and on like that) no cramps at all, they finally did a d and c
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Go to the ER. I did that at 6 weeks to be sure, they did an exam and ultrasound which found a heartbeat. I'm 13 weeks and didnt miscarry with the spotting.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's worth calling your doctor if you have a history of miscarriage. Generally, it's the heavy bleeding with cramping you need to worry about (which I am sure you're familiar with), but I would make a call to be safe. I'm sure it's fine, but peace of mind is priceless. Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Could be placenta previa. Call your doctor asap.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i have this, exceot fir me i have a blood 4 cm blood clot behind the placenta but to the placenta partially coming of the uterus. id go ask to get an ultra sound done asap, or go to er to get immidiate results.
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 7:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010