What's more scary ....

that 30% of Cafemoms have no problem with TSA's new "pat-down" procedures or that 36% don't care?

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Both are scary imo.Maybe some of that could be because CM has alot of really young women for members.Alot of them probably do not remember alot of pre 9-11 2001..idk.I just know the scanners and feel ups are wrong on many levels..and that there are others ways this is not necessary..Israel doesn't do these things and they manage to keep their flights safe..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Oh Jeez voted down for being right lol

Israel hs safe flights WITHOUT these outlandish invason of privacy security measures
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The fact that all you have to do is tell people that something is for their safety, and they will excuse child molestation.

The bottom line is, the technology is not making us any more safe. It's just making the inventor money.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's not that simple.
    ________________
    It sure isn't. The TSA is a government agency, not a private business. Forcing a search of a person they have no reasonable suspicion of is a violation of the fourth amendment. We are Constitutionally protected from unreasonable searches by government employees.
    We have a right to fight this, and I intend to.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Do you ladies also think that going to the OB/GYN for your yearly exam is an invasion of your privacy and that you are being groped? I just don't understand how this is groping to you guys.

***

No, because THAT is necessary!!! The ONLY two people allowed to "feel me up" are my husband and gynecologist--both of whom I selected!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Agreed Gal..we will be our own demise..it makes absolutely no sense to me why any American would stand for this bs when there are other ways that ARE very effective and likely not as expensive..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I find it quite disturbing that people don't mind having a naked picture taken to board a plane, and that they don't mind being patted down like someone who is about to be arrested.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I see it as necessary. They're attempting to prevent terrible things happening on the airlines and in the airports.

***

See, you find it "necessary" for flights ORIGINATING in the UNITED STATES, and often staying WITHIN the UNITED STATES, whereas I find it necessary for flights originating in FOREIGN COUNTRIES--especially out of the Middle East, France, Spain, Amsterdam, the UK...you know, places where LAX airport security has become common knowledge for terrorists!??!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Then how would you propose that they weed out the terror suspects?

***

PROFILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a page out of Israel's security handbook!! Obviously it's been VERY effective!!! I would submit to a detailed interview and the studying of my body language and micro expressions, before submitting to a search of my body and cracks and crevices!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Obviously I would not consent to a strip search.

***
    Then I hope you don;t plan on flying when you have your period! Because that tampon string or pad look awfully "questionable" according to the new TSA guidelines--even after a scanning, you MIGHT still have to subject to a cavity search!! Enjoy!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2010