seriously...what is a bunion..

I got a blister on my toe the other day and called it a bunion...My SO laughed for like 5minutes, giggling shall I say, what is a Bunion if it's not that then?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• A bunion is where the big toe bone pokes out more than it should..I would know, I have that problem on both feet, no thanks to my bio mother (she put me in super small shoes..that is one of things that caused the bunions, as I have had them for as long as I can remember). They are super painful at times, especially when wearing uncomfortable shoes. I have to wear flippies or wide sneakers to be totally comfortable and need surgery to have them corrected..just waiting to figure out when I can get the surgeries. Seriously, google bunions and it'll give you a picture and better explanation than I gave you. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• a bunion is a bone or a hard callous on the base of the big toe. Often needs surgery to correct it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010