How do I get my baby to sit up straight?

He seems to be kind of top heavy and maybe his butt is too round :-) because he doesn't sit up well on his own.

LadyTierney

Asked by LadyTierney at 7:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He will when he's ready and his muscles are strong enough for the job.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• how old? if he is just starting to sit up he will be wobly and off balance for a little while, eventually he will gain his balance and learn to sit up straight and without falling over. I always kept the boppy around the backside of my little ones if they were sitting on a hard floor so if they fell over they wouldnt fall hard.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• He is 6 months today actually! The boppy might work but he usually falls forward. Is there anything that I can do to help that maybe I am not?
    LadyTierney

Comment by LadyTierney (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• He just needs the practice that sitting frequently will give him. I bet he will be a pro by the time he is 7 months. I had one that sat well by 5 months, one by 6 months and the youngest by 7 months.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My son is 12 months, and at first he wasnt' as well, but he's slowly getting better, hang in there it comes with time.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my baby didn't start sitting up until almost 7months. Have him play on his stomach and once he learns to push up off the ground i'm sure he will get around to sitting up. It will strengthen his back muscles. i never used the boppy.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree with making him have tummy time. It will increase his strength in his abdomen. Which will help him sit up alone.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• How old?
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2010