playing favs

My MIL has played favs with her kids and now her grandkids. It really pisses me off. When my dd wont give her a kiss she says that shes gonna give all her kisses to the other grandchild. I think thats wrong. She always has something to say to my dd and it makes me mad. I could care less if shes trying to hurt me but dont f*** with my kid. Anyone else dealing or have dealt with this BS?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• No, it's not right to play favorites, I believe some people do it and don't realize it. My mother said she never played favorites with me and my sister, but even I know that is not true. Regardless of what you think, I'm sure your daughter feels that way too. But, I honestly can't tell you what to do, I wish I knew.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My grandmother raised my brothers and me a bit like that and it was really messed up. My brothers were the angels and she doted on them, not so much the one who "wrongly" accused her father of doing something he very much DID do, but that's not the point.
    It's a hard place to be as the mom and you don't really have a lot of recourse. It may be she's trying to reverse engeenier a response for your daughter. I don't know.
    I know my in laws could be accused of playing favorites from one side or the other. They dote on my kids and also a fair bit on the younger BIL's twins. They don't erally have a lot of contcact with the older BIL so they don't really do as much for their son.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 8:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes! my grandmother (before she passed) would play favorites with my dd. my ds was to little to notice, thankfully. it really pissed me off and i would talk to her about it and she would always tell me that I was crazy she didnt play favorites blah blah blah. but everyone in the family saw it and no one could get her to stop.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 11:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010