My 9yr old son was sent to the office for "sex talk" adult content

Today after school, my son was upset. I asked if he had a bad day. Yes, he was sent to the office. All his teachers have always said they wish they had a classroom full of kids just like him, so I was suprised to find out he'd been sent to the office. Even MORE suprised when I found out why AND that I had not been contacted about it! My son's story is that a girl made a rude gesture (finger poking the inside of her cheek repeatedly) to another little boy at school, and my son told her that it was disgusting, the other boy asked what it meant, and my son told him it meant that she wanted to put his penis in her mouth. This happened yesterday. Well, today, the other boy's mom called the school irate and my son got in trouble. I would be irate too....and I am, because come to find out, ANOTHER boy that is in Jr. High that lives in our neighborhood is the one that's been telling my son "sex stuff". I shouldn't have to have to explain to my 9 year old son what a blow job is, let alone sex itsself! My questions are....do I ask the school why the hell I wasn't involved in this discussion with my son today, and also, do I confront/inform the mother of the Jr. High boy that her son is informing my son of these things???? Also, I feel I should call the other boy's mother that MY son informed and appologize!!!! How do I do that?

cnice1976

Asked by cnice1976 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would call the junior high mother and give her hell. I would choke up enough humility to call the other boys mom to explain what had happened and apologize. Then the school...anytime a child gets sent to the office, the parentS should be notified. Id give them a case as well.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 7:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would call the school. What they did without you present was wrong. I would talk to my son about the other boy and not hanging with him not the other mother.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• So I am right in what I feel should be done about the school, the Jr High boy's mother, and the other little boy involved that my son told this to!!!???
    cnice1976

Comment by cnice1976 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The school should have let you know. I would also call the other boy's parents, apologize and explain the situation. I also have to ask, did the girl who was making these obscene gestures not get into trouble as well. Her parents really need to know, imo.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I didn't even think to ask about the girl! I've was so floored with the boys! Maybe I should mention that to the school too. I don't necessarily want to get any other children in trouble per say, I just don't want anyone to think that my son is a perv! He is a good kid, and I'm sure it was all innocent. I understand that the older child probably needs to know what he knows (I don't know so much about oral sex) but he also should know to keep his mouth shut to kids that DON'T know about it!
    cnice1976

Comment by cnice1976 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010