my 3 month old is coughing till he throws up every thing and does this 4-6 times a day

the doctors say its a cold and it will go away on its own that was 2 wks ago and this is what the cough is now i need help i cant give him nothing for it b/c the docs say not to ive done the humidafire and steam in bath rooms what else is there for me to do im not sleeping b/c im afraid he will stop breathing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like you are doing everything you can. The most important thing is to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. You might want to take him back to the doctor to make sure its not bronchitis or something else.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would definitely bring him back to the doctor. It sounds like his cold had developed into something worse.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 8:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would take him back to see the doc .... 2 weeks is long enough to show the doctor that it might be something else.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 8:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I agree take him back, two weeks is a long time, and as far as the coughing until they throw up theres not much you can do to help it, but it does get better as they get older.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't know what to tell you, normally I would say take him to the dr. but you say the dr. is telling you it will stop. If it doesn't stop in the next week or so I would take him eiher to the hospital or another dr. Please keep a good eye on the little fella.
    akamomof275847

Answer by akamomof275847 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That happened to my first baby when she was about 7months old. First it was a regular cold. Then she started to cough so hard that it made her puke. i kept calling the doctor and basically was persistent. Finally they diagnosed my daughter with Bronchialitis and i got antibiotics immediately. If your doctor is not helping you out then you should take your baby to the E.R. to get a 2nd opinion and they will find out what is wrong with your baby. Seems like you might need to find another doctor, one that will take you seriously.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• OMG Girl I am sorry to hear that! I would be scared too.. You sound like a really good mom! I really hope that baby gets better QUICK! Pray.. thats all I would do... Good luck =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2010