Shots :-(

My son had his 4 month old well visit today with shots. Now you can't even touch his leg or move it without him screaming at the tops of his lungs. My first son never had this reaction but I have heard of it before. I gave him tylenol and that has helped. Also the nurse said to put a cold compress on it. Does anyone have any other ideas? What about a bath? And if you've had this experience how long does it take to feel better. I have something with my older son tomorrow and i'm scared he's still gonna be still screaming, my poor baby :-(

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 1st son had the same reaction. . . cool compress, tylenol and a little TLC and he was fine. It took a few hours so it wasn't sore to the touch (one round of tylenol) and another day or two for the swelling. One other thing. . . I don't know how many shots your doctor gives at once, for mine it is like 7 vaccines, so I split them up into 2 visits to lessen the reaction. I know more visits but I think it helped
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yeah 4months vaccinations was the one my dd had a reaction to also. she had a fever and threw up. tylenol. and he should be ok by the morning. if not then call the dr again. sorry. i feel your pain. :(
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I've never had that but my heart breaks for the poor guy. Is he maybe allergic to one of them?
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't know, I called the doctors office and they said that, that reaction to them can be normal. As long as its not red and hot to the touch. ugh.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My son had a high fever at the 4 month shot. It must be a doozy. Poor guy!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010