Daddy is a pushover when it comes to disciplining our daughter! Any suggestions?

Daddy tends to be a softy when it comes to our adorable 2 1/2 year old daughter. He only sees her on the weekends, so it's hard for him to discipline her (because they don't see each other that often). He puts her in a time out, but doesn't follow thru (if she gets up before the two minutes are up, he won't say anything). And if she cries, he DEFINITELY gives in! He hates to see her cry.

How can I encourage him to be consistent with our daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Good luck, my DH is here and we have been going thru this for 11yrs...Men are just softies when it comes to that little girl..I have just come to realize I will be the one that has to discipline...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Right now she is just a baby let him enjoy her while she is little and cute as time goes by she will get to know him and know how to be disciplined. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Must be a dad thing because my hubby is/was a pushover as well. He has toughened up though as the girls weren't listening to him, obeying him, etc. Maybe once it gets to that point with your daughter's father, he'll change his tune too!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010