Is there any way to break your water without harming your unborn child?

Im 37 weeks and have already went into labor, my drs gave me some pills to stop it and they r trying to get me to get an amino to see if my baby is ready to come out, i no hes ready or else i wouldnt have went into labor this is my second child that im actually giving birth to, i have 2 step children, i just want my son outta me everyones ready for him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Even though this is your second child, I would not do anything yourself to try to break the water. I would let the drs. induce it, or do the amnio. Leave the baby alone, it will come out when it is ready.
    akamomof275847

Answer by akamomof275847 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Just cause you went into labor doesn't mean he's ready to come
    They have nicu for premie babies for a reason. I'd just trust your doctor it's only 3 more weeks
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Do the amnio. Its not as big of a deal as you think. maybe if the baby is ready you can deliver early.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why are they scheduling your c-section? Is there a medical reason you're not having a vaginal birth?
    Breaking your own water is incredibly dangerous. You greatly increase the risk of infection and prolapsed cord (where the cord gets stuck between your cervix and the baby's head), and it's not a guarantee that it'll jump start your labor. If they're stopping your labor, they have a reason to. Women go into labor before Baby is ready to come out all the time. That's why they've developed medication to stop labor.
    Get the amnio, and find out if Baby is ready to make his/her appearance.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• they want to diliver me next week any ways but they want to do an amino and i refuse to do it, i would rather wait untill the date we have already set for my c-section then go threw the stress of getting it done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My water broke at 37 weeks with my son!! I wouldn't try doing it yourself.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• why won't they just take him now? i was 37 weeks 3 days last weekend and started having contractions my csection was set for the 23rd but my blood pressure was high and contractions continued soo i had my csection early. my baby is fine. 37 weeks is considered full term.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i have no idea y they wont, its pissing me off tho my csection is set for dec 7th n my due date is the 8th they wanted to set my csection for the 1st but i didnt want his birthday to be so close to my mothers hers is the 4th and mine is nov 23rd n my soon to be husbands is dec 11th so hes gonna be right in the middle of all the crazyness i just want it to be a good time apart but i wanna be done wtih being all big n prego and be done "taking it easy"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If you believe your baby is ready then let him come.
    Avoid interventions (the ROM and the drugs).

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• dont break water yourself.. at 37 w its considered full term they should go ahead and deliver you..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010