does any one agree with spanking there kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I do.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I spank when necessary, but just enough to get the point that I mean business.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i do because i got 3 boys 2 are of age to spank and they are mean they at one point throw a toy in the store and it hit a elderly couple i spanked them right there in the store
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I spank sparingly. It needs to be really deserved.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We did spank when our kids were younger, but now other punishments work better.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes. yes. yes
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I spank when needed. Discipline is a form of raising and training your children to be great responsibly adults.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I am not opposed to it, but rarely do it. Most of the time other punishments work better. For example, my son loves to be outside. We live in the country and have lots of land. He loves to go out and ride his bike, build forts, climb trees, etc... anything outside. So, as punishment, I don't let him go outside for an hour, a day, etc.. This works much better than spanking him. But not too long ago we were at J.C. Penny's and he hid inside one of the racks and wouldn't answer me, when I found him I spanked his butt right then and there. So, it just depends on the situation.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 10:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It totally depends on the child and the details - generally I do agree a swat on the fanny can be more effective with some children then the blah blah blah of a lecture or scolding but for my 6 and 9 year work detail - is a lot better for mommy! Folding towels, racking leaves etc.. Love it!
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• no. I spanked ds once out of frustration and it didnt affect him (he was more upset about being sent to his room), but it sure affected me. I have learned to leave the room and breathe. I will never touch him ever again. It's not meant to be my parenting style.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010