My 18 month old has strange bumps near her bottom. adult content

Ok so a week or so ago, my 18 month old daughter had a diaper rash and once that cleared up, I noticed that at the top of her bottom, right beneath her tailbone is a cluster of bumps. They dont look like rash bumps, they are a bit bigger but not overly huge or anything. These bumps havent grown or spread since I noticed them but they havent gotten smaller either. It isnt a yeast infection and they dont seem to bother her at all. I tried looking on the internet to see what they might be and genital warts came up and now I am ALL freaked out about it. I can't get her in to see the doc for awhile (I dont know if its because the holidays are coming up or what) and I can't stop thinking about it. They don't really look like warts to me but I have never had one anywhere on my body so I don't really know what one looks like in person. I've never had an abnormal pap and like I said, have never had a wart anywhere. My husband has never had anything like that either. I am a stay at home mom and my daugher is always with me so abuse isn't a possibility. I read that some people carry the virus and dont know they have it. Can you pass something on to your unborn child that you don't know you have and have never had any symptoms of? What else could these bumps be? Could a child develop warts near their genitals but not actually on them? Am I freaking out over nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• it sounds like what my dd gets.. the 1st time i took her to the dr about it they said it was called folliculitous (or spelled a different way...sorry if i spelled it wrong) at the same time... she was in the hospital from the 1st to the 5th of this month cause she had a boil/abcess on her and it turned out to be MRSA. either way, tell the dr its an emergency to get it checked, or go to the er.. good luck! and if it is folliculitous they will probably pop/bleed a little bit, its normal!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Roseola? Heat rash? Yeast infection (sometimes these are only on the skin at this age...try putting a vagisil type cream on them for a couple of days and see if it clears up). Also, try just letting her go diaperless in the house for a few hours every day and see if that helps. It could also be an allergic reaction to something - an ingredient change in her diapers or wipes or some cream you use on her.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Don't freak out. The doctor SHOULD be able to get your daughter in. If not, just take her to an urgent care center. It's probably not a big deal, but you'll feel better the sooner it's checked out.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• OMG stop getting your information from the internet!! Your child does not have genital warts!!! My daughter has had bumps like that. More than likely it's an infected hair follicle (pimple) or skin irritation. If they don't seem to be bothering her, and they are not spreading/itching/painful, then I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
    You could put neosporin or talcum powder on the bumps, if they are pimples, that should help them clear up. Or you could just leave them be.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• call the Dr & tell them she needs to be seen, or take her to an urgent care
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• sounds like my girls, and it was a yeast infection... sorry. i would stop sitting online and get to the DR... it's bound to be a skin irritation of some kind.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• id ask the doctor
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 9:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2010