Just venting....

My son is becoming so cute..He laughs and has the most wonderful blue eyes! But, I am so convinced now that he is a vampire and cannot sleep at night!!! He wakes up ALLLLLLL the time(1:30am, 3:15am, 4:29am, 6:07am just this morning, I turned it over to my hubby at 6:30!)And all of that was.. after going to bed at 9:30pm! We feed him meat and potatoes for dinner (Gerber level 2) Stopped giving him the invigorating Johnson bedtime routine! He still wakes up and wants his pacifer...and SCREAMS (yes we tried to ignore him) for it until one of us (me) rolls out of bed and finds it for him. I have to admit now when we sing "Row Row Row your boat" it is no longer "gently down the stream"...it is now "Row Row Row your boat directly out our door"! Please someone just tell me that he will grow out of it! And if there is a group for mother's of vampires>>>>:)

portakolis08

Asked by portakolis08 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Been there, done that and still doing it on occasion. My kiddos are 6 and almost 4. My DD was the absolute worst. One night (when she was about 2) she fell asleep watching tv in her room so I finally started leaving the tv on and she sleeps better. Maybe try the radio with baby einstein music or something of that nature. She wakes on occasion now if her tv is turned off. I almost went insane so I completely know what you are going thru. Good luck
    momoftwo152

Answer by momoftwo152 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• He will outgrow it. I promise.
    Is he old enough to put his pacifier in his own mouth - assuming he has it in his hand? Is so, get 10 of them and sprinkle them in his crib. That or take them all away and endure his screaming until he latches onto something else. If you try that, make sure you have something else for him like a small blankie or stuffed animal. Make sure it's something a preschooler would be willing to take to show-and-tell. Buy at least 2 of them and rotate them in the wash.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• HOW OLD IS YOUR SON?
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 12:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My son is 61/2 months old.
    portakolis08

Answer by portakolis08 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008