What are you getting your ONE yr. old for Christmas?

Im finishing up my list.. and need a few more ideas for this babe!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 8:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Suggestions: A ride on toy, fisher price learning house, tent/tunnel crawl through toy, balls, mega blocks,
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Special edition tickle me Elmo and a personalized CD from mediak.com
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Another set of blocks and ________. I can't think of anything! I'm trying to come up with ideas, but he has everything already, lol! His birthday was 2 months ago and it was hard enough to come up with ideas then. I'll be watching this post for ideas. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my daughters bday was in oct.. and has everything.. we're in the same boat :) good luck! Also hard when her two older sisters have everything too! haha :)
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When my kids were 1 I got them things they would need for the upcoming year.. like bigger sized clothes and toys that were for 18 + months

with my daughter I got her started on dolls early ( her first christmas she was about 4 months old and she got probably 15 baby dolls )

my son got started early on toy cars and trucks ( which I am glad I did because now he is obsessed with them)
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My daughter is almost 18 months and I got her the fisher price grow with me kitchen. The pink one with the baby seat. She is going to LOVE it! I can't wait to give it to her! I also got her blocks and a new little tykes stroller and new baby.
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• @ bumblebees...curious.. why did you buy your 4 month old 15 doll babies?... to use them over the upcoming years you mean?
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• basically to save them ( she still has all of them and is now 4 ) ... my mom and grandparents also got her a few of them...

She already had alot of baby toys, and I didnt want to keep buying them just to get rid of them a short time later...

She also liked their faces she would sit with a babydoll and touch its eyes and nose and mouth for a long time....

I actually have a picture of her on that morning sitting in a chair with all of the dolls around her and its hard to find the "real baby" lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• well my daughter is 20months but last year i hardly got her anything. little trinkets. but she was only 9months old. so this year i went bigger. 2step kitchen, blocks, elmo sing toy(she loves elmo), this wooden puzzle set, wooden box of activities, i got a vtech reader. they have one for 2yr olds. but again she is a big older . she is also going to be getting a table and chairs and bowling game from her aunt/godmother. so she is going be set. oh i got these special crayons for 18months . i forgot what else. but they have such a good section of toys at walmart. besdies the kitchen i just winged it. good luck and have fun!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have a 1 year old and a 3 year between the both of them they have so many toys so I didn't go crazy for my 1 year since she doesn't really know about christmas and toys yet. I did get her a trike for the summer since her birthday is in september she doesn't have a another time to get presents for a while. I also got her a little guitar, a baby doll, a little shopping cart, and some books. I also got a few presents for the both of them like blocks, bath tub toys and a c.d. player and c.d.'s.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010