does any have a male cat that piss's on everythang and if so how do i stop it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pets

• is he fixed if not that could be a reason he is doing it. all my moms cat were fixed except one and he liked to spray everything.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Even if you get him fixed now, it will not stop. I have been through this a ton of times. I won't get male cats anymore because of it. YOu have to neuter them before they start, or they'll never stop.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• 1. Neuter him, if you have not
    2. Check urinary tract infection off the list-the vet can do that easily
    3. Remove any hood or cover from the litterbox
    4. Retrain him to use a litterbox in a small bathroom area (drains plugged, rugs removed) or large dog cage.
    5. set up multiple boxes, kept with clean litter-give a little tuna on spoon everytime you catch him in his box.
    And rule out any environmental changes that may have triggered this-like house guests, new cat, etc.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I got a few "down votes" the last time I posted this, but here it goes again:

Once you SEE him doing it, catch him and roll him in his urine, head to toe, then put him on the litterbox or out the cat door.

It only took our new male cat a couple of times to catch on that the cat box was the way to go instead of the drapes or the bathroom wall.

This said, make sure you thoroughly clean up any old urine stains from the wall/floor/etc, so his smell won't make him do it in that location again.

Good Luck
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• NEVER "ROLL A ANIMAL IN THEYRE URINE! are u insane thats abuse that stuff can hurt theyre noses and mouths! get a deterant spray and clean old urine areas w/ bleach.. never treat an animal like that .. its abuse.. also make sure litterbox is clean too if it isnt they pee in the floor..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 4:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• get him fixed
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• ewww, no!!!! I wonder why!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Musicmom could be right It may not stop it to neuter him but it is worth a shot. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. We had a cat that did that for years even though he had been neutered. When my son moved out he took him with him so he could be an only cat. He's 13 now and doesn't do it even though my son got him a female companion so maybe it takes being older or maybe he just needs a woman to settle him. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Hey GoodyBrook,

Next time you are toilet training a kid, have them roll around in their pee to teach them it's not right.

That is some pretty fucking up advice...in fact, it borders on abuse.

Fix the cat. If he is fixed, then everytime you catch him about to spray, pick him up and put him in his litter box.
    DO NOT abuse your animals to train them, it creates fear, resentment, and aggression issues.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 5:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010