csection

is this true u have to be dialated to put a date on a csection

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• nope i had mine set up at 5 months they did it a week before my due date from the ultra sound
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Why would you want to set up a c-section? Did you knwo that over 90% of c-sections in the united states are not even medically nessecery? Please, if there is no medical need, do not selectivly induce. Yuour baby will come soon enough. C-sections put a damper on breastfeeding as well and make if more harder for the mom and baby to get the hang of it. Your due date could be wrong and your baby could be premature. I would've killed to have a full term baby that was healthy but I couldn't have one. Pleasejust think about it.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I agree that you shouldn't have an unnecessary c-section, but it's false that a c-section interferes with breastfeeding. I had two c's and both of my kids have breastfeed for a long time (18 months for my first and 15 months and counting with my second). No problems here.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I've never heard that. I had my date set up as soon as I knew I had to have a c-section.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 12:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Interferes with breastfeeding? I had a c-section with my second boy and he breastfed until he was two! LOL, trust me no problems!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I had to have a c-section. I know they like you plan them 8 weeks out. I went in hoping to vaginally deliver babies, but of course one was breech, so I had to have a c-section. The staff at the hospital made me feel like I was inconveniencing them because it was not scheduled
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• look i have a medical reason thank u. but i want to know from mothers that have had a csection
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure she doesn't need your advice on HAVING a c-section. That was nowhere in the question. It is truly none of your business how she has her baby... I am sure she has a reason for having a c-section... Even if she doesn't... who are you to say anything about it?

It is not true that you need to be dilated to schedule a c-section.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 1:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my cousin had an emergency c-section with her first because of placenta abruption. they scheduled a c-section for her second when she was about 1/2 thru her pregnancy so that they didn't run the chance of having problems with her second. the c-section was about 2 weeks before her due date.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Nope...
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008