Are there any cafemoms here who have gay brothers or sisters? Becasue i have a questoion?

My twin brothers roommate is gay! And when ever my twin has to relocate to another state for work! His roommate fallows him to where my twin relocates too! And i'm not sure my twin is gay! But his roommate comes home to christmas with him! I am not really sure if my brother is gay or not! But i do know that he is married to his work!

babyboomer1957

Asked by babyboomer1957 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I think you should ask him. Only if you can be supportive of him.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• could be either way. gay people have best friends, too. maybe they're just really close. why don't you ask your brother?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Ask him! He could be and just be afraid to "come out of the closet" to his family. I have many many gay friends and you would be surprised how many of them aren't "out" to their family yet. Or, maybe they're just really good friends. I hang out with gay people all the time and I'm not gay.The only way to know is to ask him about it in a loving and supportive way! If he's not he probably won't be offended and if he is he might be relieved that he can tell you!
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Sounds to me like the roommate is more than that. My dh's brother was like 40 when he got a divorce and a "roommate" who btw is a relative of his ex-wife, anyway my ds was like 4 then, and was the first to ask them why they had only one bedroom! They still kinda joke that my son outed them! Since he is your twin, it is presumptuous to assume that you two are close, but your brother may actually be relieved if you talked to him about it.
    Anonymous

• Does it really matter if he's gay? If he wanted to tell you, he would. My sister is a lesbian, and although I sensed it years before she told us all, I never said anything, because I felt it was her choice when/if she wanted to say it. When she did tell us, it was no big deal. The whole family was supportive and just wanted her to be happy. How do you know his roommate is gay? Did your brother tell you? If so, how did you react? He could have been testing the waters to see what you'd think. If you weren't supportive or reacted negatively to his gay roommate, he could be afraid to tell you, if he is indeed gay. Again, I guess I don't know why it even matters. I would just want my brother to be happy.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You love him so I don't think that it really matters if he is gay or not. If you ask him he might tell you, but then again he might not. My uncle is and my grandmother will not admit it, but his boyfriend is SOOOOOOO flamboyant that there is no hiding that. (He is so fun to hang out with, but they live far away). Anyways my whole family always assumed that he was gay, but sometimes people are and just not very open about it. I say ask, but don't get upset if he doesn't want to tell you. OR don't ask and just wait until he is ready so that you don't potentially upset him.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• We all knew my sister was gay before she came out to us and we knew her 'roommate' was her partner. We didn't say anything because 1) We didn't care she was gay, we love her no matter what and it was a non-issue and 2) We felt she would tell us when she was ready. We were right...she told us, we said 'Duh' and everybody went on about their lives. If you want to know, ask him...just be prepared for him to say 'yes' because that is an option.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Ask him, but only if you are going to support him. It may be a relief for him.
    Gamom957

Answer by Gamom957 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If you're ok with his answer if he says yes, then I think you should ask him...politely. He may be so afraid of your opinion being negative that he's not going to share his true self and will be unhappy for a long time as a result...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Oh, and my father-in-law is gay, didn't come out until my husband was 17 (he's been married for 18 years). I guess some people had suspected it all along, but he never came out because he didn't have any support. I'm glad he didn't, as my sweetheart wouldn't be here otherwise, but still, how awful to live a lie for so long!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008