Pregnant with the 3rd but close to the last baby what are the risks?

I was on the nuva ring and apparently had a malfunction with or something. Our youngest is almost 6 months and we just found out i'm pregnant. Is there any risks to having them this close?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not really sure. I think it depends on your body. My friend got pregnant with her second when her first was 6 months. She had a really healthy and great pregnancy. My son will be 10 months on the 29th and I'm 6 weeks pregnant.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You should be fine, people have gotten pregnant when thier babies are 2 months old and had full term healthy babies.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 9:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have a friend who had two babies 13 months apart (do that math!) and everyone was fine and healthy, she even had them both natural! My aunt had my cousins 11 months apart, and again, everyone was fine. Mine were 19 months apart and I had a BAD first pregnancy and an emergency C-section...we are all OK. All I have heard is that being pregnant in the same year is TOUGH on your body...so it's recommended that you take extra good care of yourself, but I don't believe it puts you in a high risk category. You should probably just talk to your doctor about your concerns so s/he can put your mind at ease.
    NewMom2RAD

Answer by NewMom2RAD at 9:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i know a woman who had babies 9 months apart and everyone is fine. also i was told its bad to get pregnant before having atleast 2 cycles after a miscarriage and i only had one and just had a healthy 37 week pregnancy with a healthy baby boy. i think it all depends on how well you take care of yourself.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think you run the risk of going into early labor. My twins are 23 months older than my daughter though, and she was 5 days late!
    luv2bamom1124

Answer by luv2bamom1124 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• All mine were close ad they were okay. Also, my Husband is 15 months apart from his borther.... no problems
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• those of you who are commenting with "my children are 18 months apart" i do not beleive that is what she was asking since after 12 months your body should be just about healed anyway. Experts say anything 6 months or under have raised their risk factors and it looks like she wanted to know what those r isks are
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Original Poster: Why are you commenting on your own post talking as you were someone else?!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2010