I get so worried. Question for anyone who has had a ovary removed. TMI adult content

TMI-I had an ovarian cyst removed (along with my ovary) last year while I was 19 weeks pregnant. Now I get scared that I could lose the other and I really want more children in the future. Whenever I feel a little bit of pain in my still remaining ovary I get worried something might happen with this ovary and I'll have to get it removed. What is the likely hood that I could get another cyst on the other ovary? If you have had one removed were you worried as I or am I being over dramatic.

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• i used to get cysts in both ovaries, but didn't have my ovaries removed until my hysterectomy 7 months ago... not all cysts cause problems and don't always need to be removed... did your dr say it was an extreme case to have your ovary removed because of your cyst? the pain you feel might be when you are ovulating, but unless it gets severe, i wouldn't worry about it...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 9:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i had my ovary removed while pregnant as well! i have a cyst on my other ovary that is not growing and i also feel pain from time to time and im worried to go see the doc since they might take it out too! if its really bad pain i would b worried! i just get a small sharp pain every once in a while! i would talk to ur doc if u are really worried! its better to b safe than sorry!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have had one of my ovaries removed and before I had my daughter I was constantly scared of losing the other ovary. Now that I have had my daughter I rarely think about it. Birth control can help decease your chances of developing new cysts.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No
    tina454542

Answer by tina454542 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010