does it hurt alot to get a tooth pull out

SHYMILLENIUM

Asked by SHYMILLENIUM at 9:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• Depends on how well they anesthetize the site 1st and also which tooth is being pulled.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 9:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• the first time I had a wisdom tooth pulled, I didn't feel a thing.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• With modern dentistry you shouldn't feel a thing at the dentist. Just be sure to get your pain prescription filled asap because when the anesthesia wears off you'll need some help. It can be painful the next couple days but it's nothing you can't handle. Good Luck!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I had a molar extracted a few years ago and I opted for IV sedation. The pain after was pretty bad for about a week. My husband went and filled my pain meds during the procedure so as soon as I was awake, I took them. But the worst part for me was taking that cotton wick off. The pressure was horrid. But if you need a tooth pulled, it can't be worse than the problems leading to your extraction. It takes a few weeks for the hole to close up. Just follow the post op instructions and take your meds.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• just make sure that you are fully numb before they start the procedure....My dentist always ask..and if not he numb more...You shouldn't feel anything other than knowing someone is messing around in your mouth and all that noise in your ears....
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Usually they will numb your or put you to sleep if you have to have a tooth cut out.
    tina454542

Answer by tina454542 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No. I had a tooth pulled when I was younger and couldn't even feel it. They knocked me out when I had my wisom teeth pulled.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• they numb you 1st so it's not bad.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• depends
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• no. Just a lot of pressure. but no pain.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2010