• In the Spotlight:

IXL--Mobi-Go--Leapster

Which would you purchase for your four year old?
Why?
I am trying to decide and really could use some educated input.
Thanks so much.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm getting my almost 4 year old a Mobigo. It has good reviews online. Look up reviews on store websites such as toysrus.com.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I got the mobi-go for my 4 yr old son for Xmas so not sure but seeing that its made by vetec I am sure that it will be a hit.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my son just turned 3 and got the Fisher Price IXL from grandma/grandpa. I like it. It is small and can be tucked into the diaper bag/backpack for car trips. You can upload your own pictures (for them to color on) and MP3 (books on tape anyone?). You can use Headphones with it. It has a slot for memory card expansions (SD I think). It comes with a monkey story/theme but many more can be purchased (about $30). The money one has a cute story, a place where they can "create" headlines after the story, a number game, a notepad for practicing letters, numbers and words, drawing feature, and I already mentioned the pictures and MP3 player. You can also personalize it so the child's name appears (you can add a number of children each with their own "account") with some personal information (favorite color etc.) and the child's name may appear in the story (look in the background). Just keep plenty of AA batteries on hand (4)

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• we've had good luck with leapster toys
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• we're getting the leapster explorer. My husband took him into that aisle of the toy store and he sat right down at the explorer and played it for like 20 minutes
    Not.So.Virginal

Answer by Not.So.Virginal at 10:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• it could be good... a friend of mine is getting it, we just aren't into things like that for our young ones.
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010