I hope you die!!

My 5 y/o nephew said this to my mom. (2 days after she lost her best friend of 36 years) This is just one example of how rude and mean he is. I don't know what to do. My brother and SIL don't teach him any manners. My brother used to try but he is sick of getting into arguments with my SIL who says "He's just being a kid" She will even undermined him right in front of the kid. It drives me insane. I am worried this rude behavior will rub off on my kids. My mom lives in a duplex and my brother and his family live in the other half and my mom is their full time daycare so it's not as easy as just don't go there. I don't want to keep my mom away from her grandkids.

silly2plustwins

Asked by silly2plustwins at 9:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just do your best honey, growing up is harder for some of us than others. Your kids can still learn manners, even if they hang around with bratzilla. Just be sure to let them know his behavior is unacceptable to you.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 9:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• This little boy needs to be given the care and guidance a child has a right to expect from his parents. He is going to suffer in the end for the irresponsibility of his parents. Can you set an example of talking in a calm way to him and discuss things with him. If the grandmother is the full time daycare does she give him the necessary training when she has him. Does he only behave this way with your SIL?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't care whose kid it is, anyone who watches a child needs the respect of the parents in order for the children to act respectful to their elders. I don't care if they are 9-99! Everybody deserves respect!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2010