COULD I BE OVULATING YET?

I AM IN A TRICKY SITUATION. WAS ON DEPO FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS THEN GOT OFF FOR A YEAR AND MY PERIOD RETURNED AS SOON AS MY SHOT WAS DUE. WELL THEN SINCE I WAS ABOUT TO BE MARRIED AND WE WANTED TO WAIT A YEAR FOR A BABY I GOT BACK ON FROM OCT 1ST 2009- JUNE 1ST 2010 AND INSTEAD OF LIKE LAST TIME I DIDNT HAVE A PERIOD RIGHT AWAY, AS A MATTER OF FACT THE FIRST "SIGNS" OF ONE WERE NOVEMBER 7TH 2010 BUT IT WASNT A PERIOD PERIOD IT WAS JUST SOME SPOTTING FOR ABOUT 3 DAYS. SHOULD I CONSIDER THIS A PERIOD OR NOT? AND FOR THAT MATTER DOES THAT 3 DAY KINDA PERIOD MEAN I MIGHT OVULATE? IM DESPERATELY TRYING FOR A BABY AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE. HAS ANY OF YOU HAD THIS HAPPEN? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO GET PREGNANT AFTER THE SHOT? SORRY THATS SO LONG BUT IM DYIN HERE. I NEED HELP!

mrs.sugar

Asked by mrs.sugar at 10:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My friend had the Depo shot and was unable to get pregnant for 2 years after her last shot. The doctor told her that while there are guidelines for making the shot just like many other things some shots can be slightly stonger than others and that each shot can react differently with your body.

The best way to know if you are ovulating is to chart cervical mucus, cervical position and basal body temperature. The CM and CP will help you determine when you are fertile and when you should have intercourse. The BBT will confirm that ovulation happened.

It could take several months for your body to be back to normal.
    Anonymous