When I woke up..

this morning my pants were literally soaked through. Is this normal? I'm 4 months pregnant and haven't really had this before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would smell it first and make sure its not urine, and then consider whether or not you think its cervical mucous or your bag of waters. if its just cm, its nothing to worry about unless it has a foul odor or is lumpy or a colour besides white. if you think its your waters, i would go to the doc. the bag of waters can heal itself from a small tear, but i would still get it checked to be safe. good luck!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• NO TO BE SOAKED IS NEVER NORMAL. YOU ARE NOT EVEN REALLY FAR ALONG ENOUGH TO BE LOSING CONTROL OF YOUR BLADDER, OR ELSE IT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN AN ACCIDENT.
    BUT DEFINITELY GO TO THE DR THEY NEED TO CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT LEAKING AMNIOTIC FLUID AND TO MAKE SURE THE BABY IS STILL OK.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It was clear-ish. And I smelled it and I really don't think it's urine.
    Anonymous

• quit hanging out on the net & call your doctor ASAP. there's your answer.
    Anonymous

• Call your doctor and tell them you are concerned that you might be leaking amniotic fluid. They can do a simple check in the doctor's office to see. Better safe than sorry! Call right away.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 12:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I had that issue a few times when I was pregnant, and it freaked me out but turned out to be no big deal (that's not to say you don't have a problem, and you should DEFINITELY get everything checked). I sweat really bad between my legs, but not really until the last few months (August baby, REALLY hot time of the year!)
    Anonymous

• I would go to the hospital it could be that u water is liking.
    Anonymous