Full Body Scans

Am I the only one that would take an entire flight stark naked if I had to to avoid another terrorist attack. Am I the only one that thinks these people that are complaining about the full body scans need to shut up , suck it up and quit whining and help keep our country safe....

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank you! I have been saying this all along. I know people feel like their privacy is being violated, but seriously, can you imagine how different our world would be today if we had started doing this 10 years ago? I would go through this 10 times over if it means we can stop another person from dying... And 15 times over if I thought it could turn back time... I say, get over your feeling of invasion & be happy you know your plane is safe!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• One more time, just because someone tells you they have a solution doesn't mean it really IS a solution. How is that scan going to protect you from a terrorist who has explosives or a poison gas in a body cavity disguised as a tampon? How is that billion dollars of stimulus money going to save you if they instead opt out and have their materials hidden in a different cavity? This is like healthcare - just because they offer you a steaming plate of shit and say it's good for you doesn't make it any less a steaming pile of shit. All those billion dollar machines are giving you is FALSE sense of security. They still aren't looking for terrorists, but they're putting on one hell of a multimedial light show to make you think they are.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The new technology they are using would not have prevented the attempted attacks that they are justifying it with. Two questions and thirty seconds with a trained profiler is much more effective and uninvasive. Many groups are questioning the Constitutionality of these searches and machines, and the effectiveness of them is questionable at best, although they've already been used to destroy a man's career because his coworkers saw the size of his penis and a woman was photographed while going through one by another coworker.

Go ahead and hang your naked butt out all you want if it gives you some kind of falsely inflated sense of security. I'm going to stick to defending the fourth amendment. You don't cease to be an American citizen just because you bought a plane ticket.

Enough is enough.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think some people are just too self conscious about their bodies and that's more the issue.
    ____________________________________
    and they have that right. 100%. The rape victim, the victim of molestation. The people who have scars that are traumatizing for them. The fact that there are already a bunch of these pictures wafting their way around the internet.

Just because you aren't self conscious doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't have a right to be.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• IT DOES NOT KEEP US SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scanners would of not protected us on 9/11 or the underwear guy. The box cutters where in the airplane and the underwear guy was brought in the back door. The terrorist are NOT being checked.

GIVE AWAY YOUR FREEDOMS BUT I WILL NOT!! you are a fool!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• . I know people feel like their privacy is being violated, but seriously, can you imagine how different our world would be today if we had started doing this 10 years ago?

It would not have stopped 9-11 because they had no clue whatsoever that box cutters could be used to hijack a plane. They would have still been on the planes. They would have looked for guns and bombs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Olivia, you are correct. We need to go to the root of the problem and take care of it there, quickly and clearly. We need to make absolutely sure that the world understands that no one messes with the United States of America and gets away with it. Unfortunately, we haven't done that. But that's another post.

These scanners don't make us safer; they are making someone richer. These procedures are making us weaker, imo. They are showing the world (and our enemies) what we will submit to.

As a PP said, we don't stop being Americans just because we choose to buy a plane ticket. We need to act like Americans and protect our rights, not let some terrorists scare us into giving them up.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Actually, I am and always have been against the scanners. I do not like the idea of my children being stored on some database that could possibly be leaked online like the recent ones have been. I don't like that the TSA agent (who would giggle at my cookie) looking at the images could be some kind of perv. I also don't like the idea of them touching us because we won't subject ourselves to radiation. Who is to say that these things are not like those shoe x-rays that people got in the 1940s? We don't know but we allow the government to do this shit to us. I don't like to be touched by strangers. Nobody is going to touch under my daughter's bra line. EFF THAT! Besides, it's cheaper for a family of 5 to rent a car and just go. Or not rent a car.
    And I hate flying, airports, ATODs, surly passengers.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• These scans are done on RANDOM people-so who determines who gets one and who doesn't? STUPID!. I even saw footage of a 3 yo screaming while being patted down, just wanting her mother. I am sorry, but that is sick. This is too fing invasive.

Anonymous

• And terrorists are probably laughing at us while they assemble their dirty bomb to set off in times square or mixing their chemicals for the water supply in NYC.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010