i am 8 weeks pregnant. when is the chance of miscarriage decreased? i loss the last two pregnancies to miscarriage, and i feel like i am always worried that this time will be the same, even though everything is going right so far... can anyo ne rel;ate?

mexiscilian0711

Asked by mexiscilian0711 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ((HUGS))- I feel for you! I had a m/c with my first pregnancy and it was never far from my mind when I got pg again... I worried far more after my m/c than I did the first time I got a BFP when the loss just kind of blind-sided me.

The chance of m/c does decrease after you see a h/b with a normal rate, and decreases even more after you see/here a normal heartrate after 12 weeks (end of the first trimester.) Hang in there, take some deep breaths- as you said, everything is going fine so far. Can you find a group for pregnancy after loss? I had great online support with my subsequent pregnancies and that really helped with my anxiety because those other moms really understood the anxiety I was going through. Years later I'm still friends with many of them!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• They say that once you get through the first trimester, the risk goes down. I can definitely relate. I got pregnant early this year, went to obgyn and found out it was twins, then the next week, I passed one with my morning pee. Because of losing that one, I developed placenta previa and lost the second a week later. This happened right at the end of the first trimester.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i can relate. in 2008 i lost one at 12 weeks. well the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. so i guess 8 weeks. then in october of 2009 i lost one at 5 weeks, in jan of this year i lost another one at 5 weeks. a month later i was pregnant again and i just laid down a 6 day old little boy. so theres is hope keep your head up. as for your question the risk goes down after 12 weeks. i was scared to death the whole time. so i understand. good luck.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• thank you all so much! i dont want to scare my husband with my concerns, because he is so happy. i just was not sure if what i was feeling was normal or not. it makes me feel a lot better to know that there are women that have gone through what i am going through.
    mexiscilian0711

Comment by mexiscilian0711 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I can relate to you as well. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in 2003 and didn't get prego again until 2007 and was scared through my whole pregnancy. I had my little boy 2008 and had another miscarriage in 2009 and am now pregnant again and still worried with this one most of the time but I am 37 weeks and pretty confident he is and is going to be ok. I am sure everything will be ok good luck and best wishes. I don't know if anyone has told you or not that worry can cause miscarriage that is not true it is just not healthy.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i have had 2 misscaraiges this year and i am pregnant again too i know how it feels hope for the best
    brookesmama0230

Answer by brookesmama0230 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010