Do you have a themed Christmas tree or is it just a free for all?

My dorky husband has two trees he has decorated with his decorations. One is red and white poinsettias with red ribbons. One is all gold and and sparkly with white lights.
This really pisses off my teens who are like where are our orniments. I tell them this is not your holiday it is "Chris" tmas. (hubby's name is Chris). They just look annoyed and give him the evil eye. He loves to decorate everything..

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• Well, if you count this, Kendall my 4 year old decorates about 5 ordements and my husband and I makes some and hand them up on the tree, but I wouldn't really call it themed.
    juliedennis

Answer by juliedennis at 10:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My hubby and I hang a ornament on our tree for every year we have been married. We usually write on it what year it is for, and every year we hang them on our tree.
    tazdale

Answer by tazdale at 10:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Most of our ornaments are silver with a few white and blue ones. Our son (3) has a few from his grandparents and he picks out a new one each year (we did this tonight). We have a silver and white tree skirt and a train and tracks around our tree. Our tree is 9 ft. tall and this year my son got to help decorate and most of our ornaments are on the bottom 3 feet. We have about 15 in 1 sq. foot. We have matching wreaths on the door and a large one in our living room.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 10:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We theme our christmas's every year. Next year its edible decorations. This year its traditional. Over the years its been blue and white, silver, over the top, etc
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• holding ornamentsI like your hubby's style. LOL Actually, we have several trees. I do a small one in the kitchen with ornaments from gooseberry patch and gingerbread themed items. Our upstairs tree (that's our school room) is decorated with a candy theme . Our large tree downstairs is decorated with our collected ornaments from over the years - each year the kids and I buy one new ornament each. When they move out they will get to take their ornaments with them. The tree in the bathroom has a natural theme - we use raffia for garland, decorate with pine cones and small mushroom birds and bird houses and lots of little white lights and crochet snowflakes.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Actually, we use the ornaments that the kids have made through the years along with the Hallmark ornaments that I have gotten since the early 80's. I usually wind up doing the tree myself, it use to be a family tradition.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have 2 trees. One with all the grandkid's favorite Characters on it like SpongeBob, Scooby, Spiderman, High School Musical, ToyStory, ect. And the other tree is Black Bear theme.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2010