Do you think the generic brand is just as good as the name brand?

With some things, I think that generic brands are just as good. Others, I need the name brand. Bread, milk, eggs, soda, cereal.. things like that I have no problem with the generic brand. However, Campbell's, Velveeta, Hormel.. I need the brands. Generic brands just don't taste right.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Shopping

• I don't mind the generics with a lot of things, but actually soda is one of the things I want name brand of. I like Diet Dr Pepper. That generic stuff just does not cut it. I actually like the generic soups better, to me Campbell's just doesn't taste right. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Absolutely ... it illegal to change the chemical make up of a drug and call it the same thing, the only difference between brand and generic might be the things they bulk the medicine with.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 10:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• ooops working in a pharmacy I instantly went to the one question I alsways get asked ... are generic drugs as good as brand names LOL. With food ... yes I mainly by generic brands because its cheaper and my SO works in a grocery store and we get the discount on store brand items only and find they taste just as good and in some cases even better.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 10:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i buy generic like 99% of the time... only buy name brand frozen pizzas and chips.. and thats becuase DF dosent like the store brand i dont care...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Some things yes, other things no. A lot of foods taste the same to me so generic is alright...but like diapers, makeup, clothing, those kinds of things...I tend to lean towards the brand names.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• most things yes-
    sliced cheese is one thing I will not buy generic again though- it's just...weird...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Most things I don't mind buying the generic brand. With the exception of Dr. Pepper, 7-up, Campbell's cream soups (which is easier to mix in a casserole), and cheese.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I hate generic Mayo its nasty. I have to have the real stuff
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• With same things..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2010