how often after a csection did you wait to have sex?

i am just curious. did you wait the whole 6 weeks or not? i had a csection a week ago. it was my second but with my daughter i was seperated from my exdh and didn't have sex again for a year. but my current df and i are together and i am not sure how long is safe. i just got my stitches out but still have steri strips in. i am sure its not safe at this point.

locabrat83

Asked by locabrat83 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i waited 2 months after mine
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We waited the full 6 weeks and have read pros and cons for not keeping to the rule and having sex prior to the 6 weeks. The main reason given for not having sex before 6 weeks is the introduction of infections at the placenta site.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 10:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• should read for keeping to the rule
    MumaSue

• I was bad and only waited 3 1/2 weeks. It's definitely best to wait the 6 weeks (or at least until you have totally stopped bleeding), and make sure you use birth control. Women have gone to their 6 week post partum appointments only to have a positive pregnancy test. Remember that you ovulate before your period comes back!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Umm... its not safe after just 1 week!!! thats crazy. at least wait 4..... i waited 6 weeks for all of them, i trid once at 4 bu it hurt sooo much
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2010