10 month old has a cold

Gave her some benadryll because she does also have allergies, but what else can do i do ease her.
runny nose
Sore throat
Cough
Sneezes
Cranky

Help please this is my first baby.. and the first time shes been sick :'(

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 12:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Run the shower on hot until the bathroom steams up and sit in there with her. It can help with the congestion and the cough. Talk to your pediatrician about what you can give her besides benadryl. We use triaminic. A vaporizer with Vicks can help alot too. Also, lots of hugs and kisses. :)
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You cannot give a 10 month old Triaminic. The American Accademy of Peds does not recommend any cough or cold medication for children under the age of 2. YOu could put a humidifer in her room. Use saline drops in her nose and clear her nose out with a bulb syringe. Tylenol for fever, and that is about it. If she runs a high fever that is not controlled by the Tylenol or is sick longer that 7 days you shoud see your doctor. I know it is awful to see them sick, but she will be better soon. Just try and keep her comfortable and love on her a little bit more. Good luck!
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I know you cant give them trimetic.. i read about that.. thanks guys!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008