i need Night time potty trainning help

My son is 3 and he is very well potty trainned until, night time comes. its strange though cuz if i put him in a diaper before bed he wont pee in it but if i dont he pees the bed. i always make him use bathroom before he goes as well and try not to give him so much to drink before bed time but nothing seems to help. any advice?

blueeyed4505

Asked by blueeyed4505 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Nightimte is the hardest for them to control. It is generally the last step. Have you tried nightime pullups instead? Either way you go I would keeping putting either the diaper or pullup on him at night until he's waking up dry for a long, long time. When mine were only wearing them at night and stayed dry I reused them for up to 3 nights as lkong as they weren't soiled in any way.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• he's been doing this night time thing for bout the last 6-7 months someone said soemthing about a matress cover but have no clue where to get one at
    blueeyed4505

Answer by blueeyed4505 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• walmart, Target any store that sells bedding. I put my child to bed in panties and if she wets at night, she has to get up and help clean everything. She likes her sleep so before bed we remind each other no potty in the bed. Also buy a few of the covers it makes clean up easy while one is getting clean the other one goes one the bed.
    krishenamommy

Answer by krishenamommy at 4:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I found the same thing with my son...what i've ended up doing is just putting on a pull up for bed, still going potty before bed and less to drink. Now that we have been in the routine of pull up for a while, if there is a night were we forge to put it on him, he doesn't wet the bed. I don't know how it worked, but it did. I think their body just eventually gets used to it.
    scaruso08

Answer by scaruso08 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My step son is 3 and alos great with potty training. I use to put him in night time pull ups at bed. After awhile he no longer wanted a diaper... It soulds like you are doing all the right things... They will just one day get iton there own.... My step son did have an accident the other night for the first time. So, I have put him back in the pull ups. He is so upset about that. I will weene him off soon and see how he does...
    superchik

Answer by superchik at 6:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I had my daughter help clean up after an accident. When she wet her panties, she would take them to the hamper herself and I would let her do as much of the changing clothes process by herself. This severly interfered with her "Blue's Clues" time and this annoyed her. She decided that this wasn't fun so we had less and less accidents. Maybe if your child wakes up with wet sheets, you should have them help clean up. Have them take the sheets to the hamper, find the new sheets, help put them on, make the bed. And be consistent. Let them know that if there is an accident... there will be a consequence. But with that said, I wouldnt scold them or make them feel embarrassed. This just isnt nice. Best of Luck!
    Dr.TRHB

Answer by Dr.TRHB at 2:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008