I have another questions :) My son is 7 weeks old and I am breast feeding. I was taking a shower yester and noticed a small lump in my armpit.. I thinking its probably because I am breast feeding.. What do you think?

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• could be your lymphnodes, possibly an infection or irritation, get checked by your doctor....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When you take your baby in to be checked out, make sure you mention it to the Dr.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sorry I ment to say 7 days old! He is only 7 days old and the lump is in my armpit not his..
    smarie1011

Comment by smarie1011 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When your milk supply levels out in a couple of weeks, it will probably go away. If it hurts show the doc at the next well Baby visit.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You're probably right, but get it checked anyway.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's probably just a milk duct. I could feel some of mine, and you have them all the way into your armpit. You van call your doc in the morning just to be sure, but my money's on milk duct.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I agree with the PP, it's probably a milk duct. I had a golf ball sized lump in my armpit shortly after my milk came in and called my OB in a panic. They said it was a milk duct, and sure enough it went away with heat, massage, and a few days of regular feedings.
    motheram

Answer by motheram at 11:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010