is this weird?

my daughter just turned 1 yr old. for a couple of months or so she has started to get scared of images on tv. often times when i need to clean and sit my 4 yr old to watch a movie and my little one to play with toys. i first noticed that the mgm lion at the beginning of movies and it roars it scares her. now that i can understand but tonight when i walked into our bedroom the dvd player image was frozen on the tv as it was left on after movie was over and that scared her. when i put on spirit the horse movie for my daughter when the horse rears and whennies to start the movie that scared her too. whats weird is i will pick her up and she still wants to see what is scaring her and i noticed that when i pick her up she never looks at my face but wants to look at the tv. could i somehow got my daughter addicted to tv? will she get over this? has anyone else's baby done this? what do they do now? are they still scared? i'm worried about what else will scare her. i just randomly leave tv on without me really watching them so i need to stop that for sure. i think this is odd but i'm hoping i'm not alone on this.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My guess is the Lion legitimately startled her and it got an awesome reaction so she is using to the best of her ability. lol.
    Anonymous

• My son has Chuck the Dump truck. It talks and moves on it's own. My son is soo scared of it. However if I have it turned off so it doesn't talk or move he asks me to turn it on or he has now figured out how to do it himself. I think he actually likes the game of being scared and running away for protection.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010