• In the Spotlight:

Does the result line on a ovulation test strip get darker the closer you are to ovulation?

This is my first time ever using opk's. They have been consistently getting darker. The last one I took was just slightly lighter then the control line. Thanks a bunch.

LindsayLL2010

Asked by LindsayLL2010 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I HATE the ones with lines. Yes it will get progressively darker but you are looking for it to be as dark or darker than the control line. I bought one pack of the digital ones so when I was thinking maybe it was the same color I could use one of those to 'double check'. That seemed to help me with the confusion with out buying a pack of $50 test every month.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• in my experience the line was about the same and then got suddenlty darker the day i ovulated...slight differences don't count because your urine could just be more concentrated
    ericswifey247

Answer by ericswifey247 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2010