Death

I have the overwhelming fear that I am going to die soon! I am terrified! I dont know why I just believe I am going to be in a car crash and wont make it! This is the scariest feeling I've ever had! Please ... has anyone ever felt like this? Do you think you know when your time is close? I need advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think that most get that fear when we are new to having kids. It's a scary thought. I don't belive that you know when your time is close. Unless you have reason like sickness or what not.
    Anonymous

• Fear of death and dying is an actual phobia called Thantophobia. It's just as real a phobia as fear or heights or fear of water. If you feel that it's causing a disruption in your life and you're obsessing over it a therapist can help you. It can cause you a lot of anxiety which you don't need when you have a family to care for! The therapist has ways of helping you learn to deal with the fear.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i agree seeing a therapist or counselor would be a good idea. do you get panic attacks from it?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Panic attacks ... yes when I think about it alot! I mean I have not drove for two days .... this may sound silly but I went with a friend yesterday and got a terrot card reading just for kicks and she said do not drive at night, on back roads, or when I am upset! That scared me even worse!
    Anonymous

• Sheesh, That tarot card reading would terrify me too. But, I agree, seeing a therapist could help. You can't let this fear hinder your being a good mom. Are you a new mom?
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I used to be afraid of that sort of thing when I was younger and how sad it would be for the kids to be without their mom and all. As my faith grew stronger though, I stopped having those thoughts. And when I flew (always the scariest), my prayers changed to "not my will but yours", and I was at peace, knowing that God would take care of my family should he decide it was my time. Get to a counselor, yeah, but coming to terms w your faith could be the difference. it was for me.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 4:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• yes did you just have a baby...nothing brings to the surface our mortality than the thougt of not being around for our children.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008