HELP!! I FEEL SICK :(

My DS is 9 months old and for the first time in his life I am feeling like I am coming down with a cold!!! :(

How do I avoid giving it to him??? I am sooo scared that he will get it. I don't want to see baby in pain.

My throat is burning and I feel body aches. I have been taking lots of Airbornne and lots of liquids.

Any advice!?!? Thanks!

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 10:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are nursing, you will pass antibodies in your milk.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The baby will be fine. My kids never got anything we had.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• wash ur hands a lot! im just now getting over a cold and my 9month old dd has not gotten it! knock on wood! if ur throat hurt gargle salt water once a day! good luck
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Use hand sanitizer, dont cough on him and yes it is very distressing to see our babies sick, the chances of him getting a cold or flu are so high [and not necessarily from you] that at some point you will have to deal with it.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 11:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Thank you ladies! no i am no longer breastfeeding. I really hope he does not get it!!
    mercilove

Comment by mercilove (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Wash your hands A LOT! Try to let someone else handle the baby for the most part and you get lots of rest!
    sweetpea808

Answer by sweetpea808 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Keep your hands washed at all times! That is #1 defense.. dont let him touch your nose, eyes, or ears.. and wash things like your bed sheets daily until it's gone. =) GL
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010