Am I the only one that doesn't understand why they can't wait ONE WEEK for light up night...

I mean, tonight was Light Up Night in the city... Why can't we wait til after Thanksgiving to light the Christmas lights? Seriously? What would 7 days hurt? Or even 8 since next Friday is Black Friday? Why do we have to break out Santa before Thanksgiving is even over??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• I am so with you there ........
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 11:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't get it. Some stores were putting out Christmas things while also putting up Halloween things in October. Can we just let each holiday have it's own time?
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I look forward to the Christmas season all year. As soon as I am done with Halloween I start preparing for Christmas. Yes, Thanksgiving is all well and good but it just doesn't have the magic of Christmas. I would much rather have Thanksgiving in October like the Canadians. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I love lighting up, but I have to agree with you on this Sabrina...
    Wait until after Thanksgiving... I have all of my decorations and lights up,
    but lighting them up waits until the day after TG...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't mind the Christmas stuff early- I love the lights and trees and all that so...
    I DO get pissy about seeing it before Halloween though!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• This year my city switched to this week too. It use to be the first week of December, then last year it was black Friday adn now a week before Thanksgiving. UGH!

Pretty soon it will be Christmas all year.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I guess the 'early Christmas' stuff bugs me too, since I decorate for Thanksgiving. I feel kinda cheated when Christmas stuff over-powers my Thanksgiving. In the craft stores it makes sense, you need to be able to get your things in advance so you have time to 'craft' them. But special celebrations and glowing decorations...I'd rather they waited until black Friday too.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You are not the only one- i was in a Outlet Store tonight & i couldn't believe they were in Full Force with Christmas- i think it is Crazy to start everything before Thanksgiving- Alot of places already have Live Christmas Trees on the lots- i bet they are going to be real cute by Christmas Day! LOL! Oh Well, Tis the season, to be Jolly:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Oh yeah... And some of our local places had "Better than Black Friday" sales today too... Seriously? Is one black Friday not enough?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I agree OP- let TG Day PASS first.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2010